The objects shall be the advancement of the sciences and art of orthopaedic surgery and with a view inter alia to do the following:
1. To encourage scientific research and experimental work in orthopaedic Surgery.
2. To hold scientific discussions and present papers in orthopaedics and allied subjects.
3.To provide for the delivery and holding of lectures, meetings and cme‘s for medical practitioners and others for the purpose of directly or indirectly advancing the cause of orthopaedic surgery.
4. To watch and advise on legislations affecting the orthopaedic Surgery and subjects.
5. To advise other associations, voluntary bodies, government agencies on matters affecting the interest, developments of orthopaedic surgery including standardization of instruments, implants, orthotic and prosthetic appliances, problems in rehabilitation and resettlement of the physically handicapped. To advise matter concerning teaching and research in orthopaedic Surgery and to suggest ways and means for improving the training of the paraclinical personnel.
6. To establish and affiliate with other societies or associations, for exchange of scientific information and collaborate with them in the progress of common interest.
7. To promote social and professional relations among surgeons in India and abroad.
8. To do encourage exhibition of instruments, implants, tools, appliances, etc., connected with or pertaining to orthopaedic surgery and to attempt to improve such instruments and appliances for the special needs of country.
9. To frame rules, regulations and byelaws of the association and to delete or change or add to the same as and when necessary, conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objectivies of the association.